- Free Flights
- Real Aviation News
FSX – Noorduyn Norseman
FSX – Noorduyn Norseman. The Noorduyn Norseman is a Canadian single-engine bush plane designed to operate from unimproved surfaces. The partial streamlining of the landing gear, in the form of two small “wings” extending from the lower fuselage, is a distinctive feature of the design which makes it easily recognizable.
Originally introduced in 1935, the Norseman remained in production for almost 25 years with over 900 produced. A number of examples remain in commercial and private use to this day. Norseman aircraft are known to have been registered and/or operated in 68 countries throughout the world and also have been based and flown in the Arctic and Antarctic regions.The Noorduyn Norseman was built from 1935 until 1959. They have been used all over the world in both civil and military roles. With the outbreak of war in Europe, demand for a utility transport led to major military orders. The Royal Canadian Air Force and the United States Army Air Forces became the two largest operators; the RCAF ordered 38 Norseman Mk IVWs for radio and navigational training for the Commonwealth Air Training Plan. Special thanks to Brian Gladden for the original model. Henri william for the textures. Dave Eckert for his pilot figure, radial engine and 3 blade prop files. Fred Banting for his Beaver flight dynamics that were used as the starting point for this projects flight dynamics. Steven Grant for his propeller bitmap. -Ken Mitchel for his terrific Panel bitmap.
By Michael Pook
Perfect Flight offer a free service to the Simulation community.
Please help us and donate what you can
- FSX – Vultee BT-13 Valiant WWII Prop Trainer Updated
- FSX – Northrop P-61 Black Widow Updated
- FSX – Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird Missing Gauges
- FSX – Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird Panel Updated
- FSX/FS2004 – Temco TT-1 Pinto Updated
- FSX – Bell P-59 Airacomet With Updated Panels
- FSX – Grumman F9F Panther Updated
- FSX – Republic XF-84H Thunder Screech Updated
- FSX – Lockheed Martin F-16 2-Seater Updated
- FSX – Heinkel P-1079 Update