FS2004 – Scenery Deline (CYWJ) in the NW Territories, Canada. This is the third in a series of airfields that follow in a southward direction that early access route to the Canadian northern shore, the Mackenzie River. Deline is at 704 feet asl and around 50 miles east of the the Mackenzie, where the Great Bear River flows out of the western end of Great Bear Lake on its way to the Mackenzie. This lake is seriously huge. The town of Deline has a population of around 500, and the first trading post (of the North West Company) was established there as early as 1799. The Hudson Bay Company opened an outpost in 1825 to support the Franklin Arctic Exploration expedition, and it was then called Fort Franklin. The name was changed to Deline in 1993. The airport is just over a mile north of the town, and has almost 4000 feet of gravel runway. The original airfield is still visible just to the north of the town, from before it was rebuilt on higher ground (better drainage) and away from the houses. By Roger Wensley.