- Free Flights
- Real Aviation News
The Alexander-Schleicher ASK 21
The Alexander-Schleicher ASK 21 (and its motorized brother the ASK 21 Mi) are gliders that many people will recognize. It`s a two-seater (Club Class) sailplane that is used by many clubs as a trainer, but it is also a capable cross country and aerobatics aircraft.
This version for FSX (and FSX: SE/ P3D V2) is special in many ways. Not only are all the instruments accurate (we even supply the real manuals for the most important one!) but the flight characteristics are the real highlight of this product.
Where the simulator is not correct (or lacking) special modules are used to make the handling more realistic. The result is an aircraft with unprecedented accuracy flight behavior. It feels just ‘real’ and even people who have not flown this aircraft will quickly appreciate the way it flies.
If you ever wanted to experience gliders in your simulator there is no better choice than the ASK21. It’s as real as it gets on a computer.
- Professional development that took 2 years
- Two versions, pure glider (ASK21) and motorized version (ASK21Mi)
- High detailed 3D modeling using the latest standards
- Several panel versions (German/English, Metric/Imperial)
- Seven liveries
- Extremely detailed flight model using modules to correct unrealistic behavior created by the simulator that even models effects like AOA depending adverse yaw effect
- Airspeed indicator programmed to show slip angle deviation
- Accurate drag caused by the engine and propeller, even when the engine is stopped
- Many special wind sound effects (open window, slip, stall etc)
- Two (selectable) inlets for the static system to avoid problems when motoring
- Non standard wing flexing (better than any other you‘ve ever seen!)
- All instruments work realistic (unlike those in the default glider) including TEK and NETTO variometer
- Yawstring to assist with coordinated flight
- Includes highly realistic C4 Flight Computer, that will assist you with finding the best speed and routes (the real manual is provided for this!)
- Realistic Transponder
- Realistic Compass (modeled to actually reflect it floating in liquid)
- High fidelity sound, recorded in flight
- Project fully supported by Alexander-Schleicher Flugzeugbau and SDI Variometers
- Includes licensed version of WinchX so you can use winch launches
- When incorrect FSX settings are detected the aircraft systems will warn the user
- Next to our manual (for the use in FSX etc) the real manuals from Alexander-Schleicher Flugzeugbau and SDI Variometers are included
- Excellent framerates and low VAS requirements
- As with all our products no online activation (but the files are personalised on installation)
Perfect Flight offer a free service to the Simulation community.
Please help us and donate what you can